VIDEO DOWNLOAD - Tracy Smothers Ringside Chat
The wild-eyed Southern boy doesn't ever disappoint!
Tracy Smothers has been here, there and everywhere! This 20+ year veteran sits down with Highspots for another edition of Ringside Chat! Some of the topics covered...
- Memories of his favorite wrestlers as a kid.
- How he got into the business.
- What Steve Keirn's biggest mistake was.
- How hard it was to manage working a regular job and trying to be a wrestler.
- Tojo Yamamoto's thoughts on him as a wrestler.
- His first big break.
- His time in Florida.
- Working with New Breed.
- His time in Continental.
- Working with The Stud Stable.
- How he met Steve Armstrong.
- How he got into NWA/WCW.
- Why Dusty Rhodes hated him and Steve Armstrong.
- His first trip to Japan with Los Brazos.
- Working with The Midnight Express.
- Why 'The Southern Boys' became 'The Young Pistols'.
- Working with The Master Blasters.
- Thoughts on the constant booker changes in WCW & how it affected him.
- Which bookers he liked and which he disliked.
- Why Steve Armstrong left WCW.
- What he did after WCW released him.
- Going to Japan to work for All Japan Pro Wrestling.
- Wrestling with Steve Williams, Terry Gordy & Joel Deaton.
- Who convinced him to return to the wrestling world?
- Thoughts on Jim Cornette & Smokey Mountain Wrestling.
- A special description of the typical Southern wrestling fan in the mountains.
- What he thinks Jim Cornette wanted to accomplish with SMW.
- How good did guys get paid by Cornette?
- Thoughts on The Gangstas in SMW.
- Why he had to step in and stop the police from going after New Jack once.
- Thoughts on a young Chris Candido.
- Working his first ever ladder match.
- Why he thinks SMW eventually folded.
- Comparisons between Jim Cornette & Paul Heyman.
- Working W*ING as Jason The Terrible.
- Thoughts on Mr. Pogo and the time Pogo shot on him.
- Why nobody wants to work with Mr. Pogo.
- His opinion on the hardcore style of W*ING and IWA Japan.
- The Gilberts shooting over in Japan.
- Thoughts on some of the younger All Japan guys at the time he was over such as: Misawa, Akiyama, Kawada, Taue & Kikuchi.
- Working with Giant Baba.
- Who gave him the Freddie Joe Floyd gimmick & how the name was thought up.
- Thoughts on his old SMW buddies getting gimmicks such as T.L. Hopper & Santa Xlaus.
- What did Jim Cornette think of the gimmicks.
- The only good thing the WWF did with him.
- How he got into ECW.
- Who he was brought in to put over.
- Thoughts on the ECW locker room.
- Great story about New Jack kicking a fan out of the locker room.
- How the FBI was formed.
- His thoughts on fellow FBI members.
- Memories of his famous ECW promos.
- Did Paul Heyman ask him to do anything else beside wrestle?
- Training wrestlers in the WWF development c
Average Customer Review: Not yet rated
Write an online review and share your thoughts with others.