ROH Presents - The Summer of Punk (2 Disc Set)
Controversial, out-spoken, brashthose are just three words that describe the man known worldwide as CM Punk, and during his tenure in Ring of Honor, he more than lived up to those labels. He also established himself as one of the finest professional wrestlers in the world today with historic bouts against the likes of Samoa Joe, Homicide, Bryan Danielson, & Christopher Daniels, and will forever be considered a legend in ROH.
But for three months in the summer of 2005, Punk shocked Ring of Honor fans & officials alike and it all began one night in June when ROH gathered to bid farewell to one of their own as Punk challenged for the ROH World Title one final time. What happened that evening kicked off three months of chaos as Punk took the World Title hostage and left ROH scrambling to find the man that would dethrone him. Be it Roderick Strong, Samoa Joe, or Christopher Daniels, they each faced off with Punk in hopes of reclaiming the title for Ring of Honor. They were three of the most exciting, unpredictable, chaotic months in ROHs history, and they have since come to be known as The Summer of Punk
1. CM Punk vs. Austin Aries (ROH World Title Match)...Death Before Dishonor III 6/18/05
2. CM Punk vs. Jay Lethal (ROH World Title Match)...Sign of Dishonor 7/8/05
3. CM Punk vs. Roderick Strong (ROH World Title Match)...Escape From New York 7/9/05
4. CM Punk vs. James Gibson (ROH World Title Match)...Fate of an Angel II 7/16/05
5. CM Punk vs. Christopher Daniels (ROH World Title Match)...The Homecoming 7/23/05
6. CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe vs. James Gibson vs. Christopher Daniels (ROH World Title Elimination Match)...Redemption 8/12/05
7. CM Punk vs. Colt Cabana (2 Out Of 3 Falls Match)...Punk: The Final Chapter 8/15/05
* This classic release also includes moments that solidified "The Summer of Punk" in the annals of ROH history including Punk's notorious contract signing, his confrontation with Mick Foley, and more!!!