Please verify you have a compatible player before purchasing our DVD-R titles. We are not responsible for the compatibility of your player to our DVD-R titles.
Click here to check: (DVD-R Compatibility Chart)
"Behind Closed Doors" with Jake Roberts was educational, informative and most of all entertaining. This new shoot style series today is with the dean of psychology Jake Roberts. If you ask any veteran in wrestling today who the king of psychology is, they would all tell you Jake "The Snake" Roberts.
This series will not be your typical shoot interview. Instead we will sit down with a wrestling superstar and ask them questions about the inner workings of the business. This has never been done before. Whether your a wrestling fan or even a indy worker this series is a must for you to own. Its the most tutorial wrestling DVD ever!!
Did you know that Jake Roberts played a huge part in the WWF to teach other workers how to get to the next level? Did you know at one time Jake Roberts was the stepping stone for every heel to get to Hulk Hogan. He would work with all the heels like Honky Tonk Man, Rick Rude, and Ted DiBase before they would reach Hulk Hogan and mold them into where they needed to be as a heel before going onto main event matches.
Jake knew what to do and when to do it in the ring. He could have you either cheering him or throwing bottles at his head. He knew what made a great heel or a baby face. He knew how to carry a match and when to do that false finish. He talks about all of this in this new series. He will talk about the three types of heels the chicken shit, liar, and the cheater heel character. We talk about when is the right time to get color in a match. We talk about a lot of today's current WWE roster and we talk about who is doing the right things in the ring and who is not. You will be amazed on what Jake has to say. We talk about Raven as well. We even touch on his problems with the movie Beyond the Mat. We even got to ask him about his recent problem in England with the snake that they claimed he mishandled. We asked him about his drug and alcohol problems and how is he dealing with that today. What is the future for Jake? This is one DVD you don't want to miss out on.
This is just some of the stuff that we talked about with Jake:
- What is the hardest thing for a young wrestler to grasp
- What is the first thing you were taught by your father
- What are some of the missing ingredients or intangibles in independent wrestlers
- Explain wrestling psychology
- hat is more important, selling, psychology, the finish, or bumping
- How do you develop a good finish
- What is the difference between a good and bad finish, examples
- Do you prefer to have your opponents adapt to your style or do you adapt to theirs
- Explain the kick out, the pin, and the timing
- Why do you think so many wrestlers do not go for a pin early in a title match and your thoughts
- Is there a different approach technically when wrestling on a Wrestlemania as compared to a house show back in the wwf
- Who back in the 80's and 90's did you learn the most from as an opponent
- Who have you been in the ring with where you said, this guy just doesn't get it
- Explain the difference between stiffing your opponent and making something look good
- Can you be a good high flying wrestler and still have good psychology
- How smart do you think the fans are to what is going on in the ring
- Has wrestling had to adapt in the ring to the lack of kayfabe and smarting up of the fans
- Do you think Hulk Hogan had good psycholo