Butch Reed Shoot Interview DVD
Straight Shootin' With Butch Reed sees this well traveled superstar talk about his entire career. Reed worked just about everywhere in the 1980s and wrestled all the biggest names and he talks about it all with ROH Wrestling.
Whether he was "Hacksaw" in Mid-South or "The Natural" in WWF or one half of Doom in WCW, Simmons had the chance to work with all the top names from Andre The Giant to Bruiser Brody. Reed discusses everything from working Ric Flair and Dory Funk in 60 minute draws to a main event program against Hulk Hogan to drawing record crowds in Mid-South vs. Junkyard Dog.
Reed chronicles his entire time teaming with Ron Simmons as Doom. You'll hear about their biggest matches and all their opponents including Ric Flair & Arn Anderson, The Steiner Brothers, Sting & Lex Luger and more with all the details on what it was like to work these individuals. Reed even discusses Sting and Luger's ego problems.
You'll hear shocking stories of encounters with the KKK and racism inside the locker room including how Reed handled these situations. Reed even names some of the biggest racists in the wrestling business.
Why did he leave WWF? Who did he fight in the Mid-South locker room? How did he earn respect? Why did Doom split up? Why didn't he want Woman as their manager? These are only a few of the important questions Reed answers. Check out this Straight Shoot to learn about some of wrestling's most famous territories and biggest names!!!
- His start in the wrestling business.
- Veterans that he learned the most from.
- First territories.
- Randy Savage.
- Going to Mid-South.
- Working for Bill Watts.
- Being in a locker room fight.
- Negative opinion of Bill Dundee as booker.
- Feuding with Junkyard Dog.
- The angle that got the feud with Junkyard Dog over.
- Teaming with Buddy Landell.
- Why he liked teaming with Landell.
- Turning babyface in 1984.
- Working one hour draws vs. Ric Flair.
- Working at the Superdome.
- Racism in the locker room.
- Who was the most racist.
- Encounters with the KKK.
- Racism with fans.
- How he dealt with racism.
- Working with Dick Murdoch.
- Road stories from Mid-South.
- Leaving Mid-South.
- Bruiser Brody.
- Going to WWF.
- His thoughts on "The Natural" gimmick.
- His feud with "Superstar" Billy Graham.
- Working Wrestlemania III.
- His feud vs. Hulk Hogan.
- Wrestling Andre The Giant.
- Road stories from WWF.
- The drug scene in WWF.
- The WWF road schedule.
- Working Randy Savage in WWF and how it was different than early in his career.
- Slick as his manager.
- Why he left WWE.
- Going to WCW.
- Wresting Junkyard Dog in WCW.
- Working with Sting.
- Sting's ego.
- Teaming with Ron Simmons as Doom.
- Having Woman as their manager.
- Wrestling under masks.
- Why he didn't want Woman as their manager.
- The Iron Team Tournament at Starrcade '89.
- Working the top teams like Road Warriors, Samoans, Steiners, Four Horsemen and others.
- Teddy Long as their manager.
- Why the team split up.
- Working Lex Luger.
- Luger's ego problems.
- Leaving WCW.
- Why he turned down going to WWF and what his role would have been.
- Reed talks about all this and much, much more!!!