Jack Brisco: The Life & Times of a Champion Book
Brisco - The Life & Times of National Collegiate and World Heavyweight Champion Jack Brisco
Jack Brisco was NCAA champion for Oklahoma State University and went on to become one of the biggest stars in professional wrestling history, winning the NWA World Heavyweight Title in 1973. Author Bill Murdock has spent countless hours with Jack, helping him write his story about his travels through amateur and professional wrestling. All the big names in wrestling history parade through the book as Jack tells some of the greatest stories never heard.
"One of the very best books on pro wrestling I've ever read," said Mike Chapman, executive director of the International Wrestling Institute and Museum, Iowa.
Many great stories including:
- The conspiracy to try and double cross him out of the NWA World Heavyweight Championship
- The story of why he and his brother Jerry sold their shares of Georgia Championship Wrestling to Vince McMahon resulting in the famous Black Saturday for WTBS wrestling fans
- Why he dropped the NWA World Title to Giant Baba during a Japanese tour
- How he discovered Hulk Hogan and how instrumental he was in other stars' careers
- His sudden departure from the wrestling business
Softbound, 286 pages, lots of photos.